Tuesday, June 11, 2013

SLIPCOVERS: Barrel Chair Cushion and Upholstered Back

Remember the sneak peak of the slipcover project I was doing? I finished it the other day! 


This barrel chair was about to go to the landfill but I said without hesitation "I'll take it!!!!" It has been in a drabby velvet- like cream fabric with a few marker stains. 


I tried using the old cushion cover to make a pattern. The new pattern was successful but the seam allowances were way off making the cushion cover smaller than it should be. 



So I started over and had some scraps of material that matched to make a tailored slipcover for the cushion.

 The blue floral fabric was a valance curtain from my kitchen that I decided to take down. I like to try to use different resources to save some money. 


I got a lot of good tips from Miss Mustard Seeds Tutorials here.


And so began the process.....


................ that ended up like this!  


 I really like how it came together and how the colors complement each other. 


 My favorite is the contrast in the piping  and color of the cushion. 


 YEAH!  It always feels good when you finish something. ........ HOWEVER... on another day I will refinish the wood with something special but for now she is better than before. 

FYI!!! Stay tuned for a tutorial on how I put this all together. "CUSHION SLIPCOVER TUTORIAL" coming soon! 

Thanks for visiting!

-SADIE

Sharing on Linky Party: www.notjustahousewife.net

1 comment:

  1. Great turn out and chair looks comfortable. Love the fabric color.Leather Button Beds

    ReplyDelete