Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Legs with Character

Hello Friends! I've been away from the blogging world for a few days but there has been progress behind the scenes!
Here is a look at an end table project I have been working on. I am still using the same color line of paint that I did for the NO. 7 Chair. See it here. I bought two of these tables at a thrift store. The layers caught my eye and the legs with character. ("Legs with character": that's what I told myself when I went the the swimming pool the other day with my white legs!)

 Here is a look at the before and after shots.




 There was a bit of water damage on the table tops. I used wood filler to mend a few cracks. I only sanded the table tops because I wanted to refinish the wood in a darker color.


The grit of sandpaper I used was 60 grit. I wanted to do a heavy sanding so that the stain would penetrate deep into the wood allowing a rich dark color.

This is what she looked like after I had applied two layers of chalk paint and before I applied the stain. I taped off around the two layer dividers so I wouldn't get excess stain on the chalk paint. 


After staining I distressed the wood with a sanding sponge. I focused around the edges of the legs and the layer dividers. 

After distressing I applied a few thin layers of wax  buffing them in between each coat. 

The results left me with a two toned aged patina.


 I finished the pair and I am loving them. If I had room for them I would keep them. 


Adding accents to these tables are limitless.

Find them in the "SHOP" tab! 

Thanks for visiting!

-SADIE

Sharing with:




1 comment:

  1. Great transition! It turned out so well. Thank you for sharing with us on our party! Really appreciate your contribution! Love your blog.

    All the Best ~ Sharon and Denise
    BeBetsy BRAG ABOUT IT Link and Hop

    Follow us:
    Facebook ~ Twitter ~ Bloglovin ~ Pinterest


    ReplyDelete